He’s sharing the spotlight at this weekend’s Roar Before the Rolex 24 with a number of his fellow former Formula 1 drivers including Fernando Alonso, Alex Zanardi, Juan Pablo Montoya and Sebastien Bourdais, but that’s just fine with Rubens Barrichello.
The 46-year-old Brazilian — an 11-time F1 winner — will be starting his fourth Rolex 24 At Daytona later this month, joining Misha Goikhberg, Tristan Vautier and Devins Defrances in JDC-Miller Motorsports’ new Cadillac DPi.
In his most recent Rolex 24, Barrichello finished second in 2016, co-driving Wayne Taylor Racing’s Corvette DP with Ricky and Jordan Taylor along with Max Angelelli.
“I love the States, and I am spending more time in Florida with my family,” Barrichello said. “For me, it’s like my second home, and I really want to put on a great show for the public and for the JDC team. It’s a quick car, and so far, so good. Hopefully, we can have a good run.”
Source: Racer. Image : LAT images
More from my site
- MOTHER NATURE REIGNS AS FERNANDO ALONSO HELPS LEAD WAYNE TAYLOR RACING TO IMSA ROLEX 24 VICTORY
- Alonso wants ‘to do something unprecedented in motorsport’
- Relatively Unknown Racing Driver Jeff Gordon Will Unretire, Race Cadillac at Daytona 24
- IMSA: Barrichello stays with WTR for Sebring
- Fernando Alonso eyes gains after ‘least important qualifying of my life’
- Alonso set to make Rolex 24 return