MOTORSPORT NEWS Rally

FIA rejects Ogier’s cancellation call


FIA rally director Jarmo Mahonen has insisted Rally Sweden goes ahead as planned – despite Sebastien Ogier‘s call for it to be cancelled.Mahonen attended a meeting along with rally organisers, WRC Promoter and the teams on Wednesday afternoon to discuss the state of the roads following the first day of the recce and the weather forecast for the remainder of the week

hyundai-e1
.Ogier: Rally Sweden should be cancelled“We are running as scheduled.” Mahonen said.”We have already been working for a few days to try to resolve the situation and we remain positive.”The teams, the FIA, the rally organisation and the promoter are all committed to support competition.”
Asked about Ogier’s criticism of the roads, Mahonen added: “Of course, we listen to them and it is about safety in the end.”But at the same time, it is always a little game: they compare to other years.”It is his opinion and I understand that, but he has forgotten that his team is behind the decision to run the race.”
ANALYSIS: How Sweden ended up in this position Mahonen said the World Rally Championship teams all backed the plan to go ahead with the rally.”If the weather gets worse, we will see what happens and sit down and take a different decision,” he added.”But so far it looks good.”
Original source: Autosport