BY MÁTÉ PETRÁNY
It’s inspired by the famous Porsche 959 Paris-Dakar racers from years AGO.
As a manufacturer that designs and builds its own engines and gearboxes, Ruf should have no problem turning the already 640-horsepower 2021 Porsche Turbo S flat-six into a Ruf boxer peaking at 750 horsepower and 686 pound-feet of torque. Marc Philipp Gemballa says that the first batch of ten “Project Sandbox” vehicles has already been sold in advance, leaving only 30 of the planned 40 units available. Unsurprisingly, the 750-hp Ruf engine will also be available for regular Porsche 992 Turbo and Turbo S models.
Having been an independent manufacturer since 1981, Ruf has also come up with its own dune-happy 911 concept quite recently, which is based on the naturally-aspirated SCR, styled to remind you of the country-western cowboy culture of Oklahoma. Perhaps not surprisingly, the 500-horsepower Ruf Rodeo remains a one-off show car for now.
More from my site
- WORLD’S LEADING DRIVERS AND RIDERS ARRIVE TO PREPARE FOR ABU DHABI DESERT CHALLENGE
- VOLKSWAGEN’S OGIER FENDS OFF FIERCE MIKKELSEN CHALLENGE IN POLAND
- ØSTBERG LEADS PRO CATEGORY
- WSBK: Fantastic 40 for Jonathan Rea in Australia
- FRANCO SCRIBANTE SETS NEW HILLCLIMB RECORD AND CLAIMS SECOND KING OF THE HILL TITLE
- CLASS VICTORY, A STAGE WIN AND TOP 10 RESULT FOR TEAM RHIDE SA AT DAKAR RALLY