BALDEV CHARGER IS THE WINNER OF THE 2019 SAFARI RALLY KENYA , AN EVENT THAT WAS ALSO USED AS A WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP CANDIDATE EVENT
Chager posted a time of 02:44:50 to come first ahead of Carl flash Tundo and Manvir Baryan who scooped the second and third position respectively.
Veteran and former champion Ian Duncan finished 4th with Zambian Duo of Leroy Gomes and Jassy Singh sealing the top 5 finish in a three days rally that was being used as a World Championships Candidate event.
“This victory means a lot to me and the family, I was focused from the start and all I needed was a positive mental attitude and focus and I am glad for winning at this big stage”, said Baldev.
Sports CS Amb.Dr Amina Mohamed lauded the participants and the fans for the great turn out, adding that the government is committed to seeing a return of World Rally Championship to Kenya.
“I want to thank H.E the President, WRC promoter, Project CEO and organisers for a great job. The government is committed to supporting the event” said Amb. Amina.
1.Baldev Chager/Ravi Soni (Kenya/Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 164.30.
2. Carl Tundo/Tim Jessop (Kenya/Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 165.23.6
3. Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturrock (Kenya/Skoda Fabia)276.23.8
4. Ian Duncan/Anthony Nielson (Kenya/Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 179.28.4
5.Leroy Gomes/U rshlla Gomes (Zambia/Ford Fiesta) 186.08.6
6.Jassy Singh/Sajid Khan (Zambia/ Subaru Impreza) 186.48.7
7.Giancarlo Devine/Sylvia Vindevogel (Rwanda/Mitsubishi Lancer) 190.38.7
8. Tejvir Rai/Gavin Laurence (Kenya/Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 191.31.6
9. Yassin Nasser/Ali Katumba (Uganda/Subaru Impreza) 198.26.2
10. Mahesh Halai/Ketan Halai (Kenya/Mitsubishi Lancer) Evo10) 204.24.1
Source: Mizheso Africa