Representatives from Rally Sweden, FIA and WRC Promotor held yesterday further discussions on the status of the second round of the FIA World Rally Championship, which is due to take place in Sweden and Norway on 13-16 February.
There has been snow in the rally area in recent days but the weather ahead is still uncertain. Weather forecasts continue to raise concerns about the suitability of the roads if the rally can be run as planned.
Further meetings with the manufacturers’ teams will take place very soon and FIA will conduct an on-site inspection of the routes at the beginning of this week.
“We continue to explore all possible ways to ensure that Rally Sweden can be run. The conditions are constantly monitored and this week a further decision must come,” Glenn Olsson, said.