The move is one that Raikkonen is excited about, as he claimed that Vettel is the driver he knows the best in the paddock.
“Obviously I haven’t worked with him before in the same team but I know him best out of any of the guys,” said the Finn.
“Our relationship has been always been very straightforward and I don’t expect any changes.
“On that side, I expect it to be normal and good, and hopefully we can get the team where we should be.”
Raikkonen reckons he and Vettel can put their own competitive interests to one side, and actually have “fun” in their quest to help Ferrari.
“I think it is nice to be with him in the same team and obviously the main objective is to get the team, Ferrari, in the position where we should be in front,” he said.
“We try to beat each other all the time, but we can have fun and get things done in a good way.”
More from my site
- Sebastian Vettel’s Statement on Why He’s Leaving Ferrari F1: No Longer a Common Desire to Stay Together
- Ferrari extends Raikkonen’s contract for 2018
- CHARLES LECLERC CONFIRMED AS FERRARI DRIVER FOR 2019
- Formula 1: Charles Leclerc is Ferrari’s clear top driver
- Alonso says he should have left Ferrari earlier
- Is Renault glad to be done with Red Bull?