Mick could take over from Kimi Raikkonen at Alfa Romeo
However, Ralf is optimistic about his Nephew’s chance is F1 for the 2021 season. He said,” Mick has a good chance of getting into F1, for example, at Alfa Romeo. Kimi Raikkonen may soon end his career and Antonio Giovinazzi is not so strong. So, I think a young driver like Mick could have a chance.”
Another former F1 driver who echoed this statement and took it one step further was Nick Heidfeld. The former racer while who spoke to Sky Germany said,” I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Mick in the car this season. If he does a great job in Formula 2 and Giovinazzi has even bigger problems than he had last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mick is sitting in that seat by the middle of the season.”
Obviously, it seems like poor Nick has discounted a few facts. One is that the 21-year-old German still doesn’t have his super license yet. The second being Kimi’s retirement plan. If things get worse and the 2020 season is scrapped then the Finn may well consider prolonging his career for another year.
More from my site
- Schumacher to test Alfa Romeo in April?
- MICK SCHUMACHER: ‘I FEEL READY’ FOR MOVE TO FORMULA 1
- Schumacher to test for Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in Bahrain
- Max Verstappen top, Mick Schumacher second on F1 test debut in Bahrain
- Vasseur: Rookies can learn from impressive Raikkonen
- Mick Schumacher: Dad was ‘the greatest F1 racer ever’ and following him ‘can be difficult’